Priority Personnel is currently seeking a Quality Assurance Inspector for a company located in New Braunfels, TX.
Pay rate: $13.50/hour
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/7:00am-3:30pm
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Primary responsibility is to inspect incoming material/parts to specifications to identify material/part discrepancies for non-conformance and document and report variances.
- Performs mechanical and electronic part inspections. To include, machine shop first piece in-process and final inspections.
- Visually verifies PC boards and components by comparing them to print specifications.
- Uses measuring tools, such as, micrometers, calipers, steel rules, and height gauges to inspect products, parts and materials and insure they meet established tolerances.
- Records and maintains file of results and finding of inspections.
- Prepares vendor rejection notification reports and vendor warning reports as required.
- Provides routine and technical information regarding status of and/or non-compliance of inspected product and materials.
- Communicates frequently with co-workers, other departments and vendors.
- Achieves quality assurance objectives thru collection of information, analysis of data and strategic review of incoming products and products produced.
- Helps to meets quality assurance financial objectives by analyzing variances and recommending corrective actions for management review.
- Validates quality processes by measuring product specifications, quantities and quality attributes. Establishes critical limits, monitoring procedures, verification procedures and corrective action progress when applicable.
- Documents and reports all discrepancies between the product and the written specifications per procedures. Puts product on hold/containment for any issues identifed.
- Assist with sorting of material for defects or customer claims, when needed.
- Maintains, monitors and improves product quality by completing audits.
- Prepares quality documentation and reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; including failed processes, recalls and re-validations.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure production process is as defined in the production work instructions.
- Communicates product, process and documentation discrepancies and potential discrepancies to aid continuous improvement efforts to the Quality Manager.
- Enters daily scrap for inventory control and for improvement analysis.
- Suggest opportunities for improvement.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of workarea.
- Controls costs by ensuring materials meet quality specificaitons and identifies, documents and reports any defective material and/or parts.
- Follows established procedures, work instructions and operational controls implemented by the Company to comply with all applicable legal requirements.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) certificate. One-year experience in a related field preferred.
- Ability to perform quality control inspections and tests on products and materials.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics, prints and engineering documentation.
- Ability to use standard inspection measuring instruments and devises.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations and use excel.
- Prior experience with manufacturing assembly quality assurance preferred.
- Ability to maintain records, documents and compile and organize reports accurately.
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com or call 512-392-2323.