Priority Personnel is hiring Production Operators for a company located in New Braunfels, TX to perform light mechanical assemblies.
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/ 7:00 am-3:30pm
Pay rate: $12.75/hour
What you'll do:
- Ability to read and interpret bill of materials (BOM) and accurately pick materials required for scheduled work orders.
- Assembles mechanical and electro-mechanical boards, parts, hardware and other door management security products using various parts, such as, electronic components, PC boards, covers, plates, boxes, screws, nuts & wires. Meets or exceeds standard rates.
- Operates/uses machines, hand tools, small power tools, voltage meters and testing equipment to assemble and test product.
- Reviews work orders and ensure appropriate level of materials, tools, equipment and resources are available for production functions.
- Reads process sheets and assembles boards and units for standard and custom orders.
- Works from samples, sample drawings, blueprints, schematics, as well as written and verbal instructions.
- Strips and wraps wires, solders parts and wires to units.
- Inserts small component parts and/or wiring into printed circuit boards.
- Packages product and prepares for shipping. Ensures all packaging is according to workmanship standard.
- Maintains departmental records and logs.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials.
- Attaches identifying labels to finished product,boxes and part containers per work instructions. Assist in moving materials, parts and products as needed.
- Determines item identification and stock location. Stores items in bins, racks, or shelves, according to identifying part number.
- Ensure assigned production work orders are followed. Run what is scheduled to run. Communicate any deviations immediately.
- Completes in-process-inspection to ensure product meets work instruction specifications, quality attributes and reports variances immediately to lead/supervisor.
- Collaborate with Quality Auditor to ensure all production output meets work instruction specifications to eliminate product variances, waste and customer complaints.
- Production ownership: Responsible for assigned production efficiency, productivity and accuracy of items produced to minimize backlog.
- Attendance: report to work on time at the beginning of the shift, after meal & break periods and be prepared to work immediately after clock in.
- Maintains appearance standards and professional communication skills to ensure a high level of employee dignity, respect and teamwork in the work area.
- Supports cross-training of production staff and new hires.
- Reports building, equipment sanitation, OSHA, and Safety concerns immediately.
- Continuous improvement demonstrated in production output and building sanitation.
- Maintains the cleanliness, organization, quality control and safety of workarea.
- Follows safe working practices and wears required personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What we need from you:
- High School or General Education Development (GED) certificate or an equivalent combination of education and/or production/assemble related work experience.
- Hand eye coordination and manual dexterity necessary to work with small parts and operate small hand tools/power tools
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com or call 512-392-2323.