A company located in Bastrop, TX is currently seeking a Customer Service Tech Phone Support employee to join their team!
Work Schedule: Mon-Fri/8 hours per day
Pay rate: $16-18/hour
What you'll do:
- Provide daily support to users of various computer systems including answering questions, analyzing problems, and quickly forming solutions to ensure proper operation of company products.
- Provide technical and sales customer support services for security products over the phone and electronically.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end users, colleagues, and management to quickly resolve issues and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Increase personal technical knowledge by reading trade publications, operating manuals, and diagnostics information, and attending conferences or seminars.
- Routinely observe operational performance and install of security product and updates when necessary to increase product knowledge and technical skills.
- Maintain detailed records of daily interactions with customers, installation activities, reported issues, and completed solutions along with any further actions required of management, returns, replacements or repair personnel.
- Develop training manuals and troubleshooting procedures to help both support personnel and end users interact properly with security products.
- Reads and works with drawings, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Test and repair electronic boards, parts, hardware and other manufactured security products using hand tools and power tools and machinery.
- Ship product parts under warranty and for repairs or lost items to customers.
- Attends, sets-up demos and actively participates during tradeshows.
- Provides on-site/off-site product training to vendors, sales dealers, staff, etc…
- Maintains logs and reports; customer phone, repair, inventory logs/reports etc…
- Evaluates and critiques installation instructions and new products for continuous improvement and communicates identified opportunities to supervisor.
- Follows safe working practices and properly wears personal protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as directed.
What we need from you:
- Associates degree in electronics and/or help desk support technician with windows desktop certification (MSCDST Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician) and three-years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and/or related experience and willingness to learn through on-the-job training.
- Knowledge of electronic principles, concepts and testing procedures.
- Ability to read and interpret installation instructions, blueprints, process sheets, operations manuals, schematics and work orders.
- Ability to quickly identify problems, form solutions, and execute step-by-step troubleshooting procedures on electronic and hardware products.
- Ability to troubleshoot electronic and hardware products.
- Ability to use electronic testing equipment, measuring devices and hand tools.
- Ability to use various soldering and wiring technics.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations.
- Skills in effectively listening and communicating verbally and in writing.
- Strong communication skills and ability to remain calm and professional in all circumstances and ability to use tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to compile and maintain records, logs and organize reports.
- Ability to operate office equipment; computer, phones, fax, etc…
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally.
- Be willing to work weekend hours, and overtime as required.
- Bilingual; English/Spanish, preferred.
Apply online at prioritypersonnel.com or call 512-392-2323.