Are you looking for employment with an excellent company but lacking the education requirements due to not complete high school? Look no further! Hamilton-Ryker in partnership with a new client in Georgetown, KY has a forklift operator position open!
The forklift Operator is responsible for operating a forklift to move, locate, relocate, stack and count stock. They are also accountable for the safe and efficient operation of the vehicle and may also be required to perform other duties; I.e. Production Associate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and perform 5s as part of the daily operation. Maintain safe and clean work environment.
- Remove old labels, paperwork, paper, Kanban Cards, Manifest, etc. from finished good / supplier dunnage (racks, totes, bins, etc.).
- Verify all Plex serial number scans are made timely and correct.
- Verify that all production (on Finished Goods) has been recorded before moving container(s) to a storage / staging location (plants using manual process).
- Responsible to adhere to FIFO process and ensure containers are moved to line-side in the correct FIFO order. Stock and rotate materials as necessary.
- Assist with BOM Outs (inventory shortage at the line / FIFO Splits).
- Ensure material is scanned line-side timely to avoid FIFO Split Errors.
- Load Outbound finished goods to the customer assigned trailer. Must follow the procedure for scanning and loading.
- Efficiently maintain material stock line-side stations to min/max levels.
- Load / unload customer and or supplier shipments and dunnage.
- Offload inbound shipments safely and move to designated areas by use of forklift, pallet jack or other manual means. Efficiently stack and store the product as required by department.
- Check materials received against bills of lading, purchase orders or other documents to verify correctness of incoming shipments. Adhere to the written Receiving Process.
- Perform routine inspections of Forklift by documenting safety or mechanical problems.
- Must be 18 years of age or over
- Must comply with Hamilton-Ryker’s substance abuse policy
- Must be able to safely work in a high paced industrial environment; have a general understanding of industrial safety practices; and be able to use a variety of hand tools and electrical equipment.
- Previous industrial experience is preferred.
- Must wear safety toed shoes, safety glasses, and high visibility vest If prescription glasses are worn, either prescription safety glasses (meeting ANSI Z87.1 standard) or “overviews” are required.
- Demonstrates ability to operate subassembly machine
- Can operate all workstations within the department
- Demonstrates ability to verify quality issues shown on defective code list.
- Meets production requirements on a daily basis.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs
- Temp to Hire position based upon work ethics and attendance
- Weekly pay
- Direct Deposit
- Medical insurance options
Click on the application link for this job board or go to www.hamilton-ryker.com. Select job board, then select Central KY as your closest branch.
You can also apply in person at 116 Gilbert Avenue Georgetown KY 40324, Monday through Friday 8:00am-5:00pm call us at (502) 570-9675 to schedule an interview.